It is seen that some users run into errors while printing a web page from Google Chrome by pressing Ctrl and P. In fact, certain Chrome errors may also affect printing over the web, as the webpage failed to load up. If Aw, Snap! pops up on Google Chrome while printing a web page, the following troubleshooting steps for printer problems in Windows browser set as default can come in handy.
Press these Hotkeys to Launch the Print
Note that this is only a workaround, not troubleshooting steps mentioned here, as it does not fix the underlying problems that caused Google Cloud Print service to malfunction. Anyways, to take a printout of a web page on Chrome, press the hotkeys Ctrl, Shift, and P keys simultaneously. If that fails to troubleshoot printing a web page, read on for more steps.
Delete Unwanted Printers on Google Cloud Print
If several devices are listed under this Google service, it might cause Chrome browser issues concerned with printing. Follow the below steps to troubleshoot that.
- Click on the three-dot menu to the top-right of Chrome and choose Settings.
- From the list of Google Chrome settings, scroll down to and expand Advanced by clicking on it.
- Under the Printing heading, click on Google Cloud Print.
- Then, click Manage Cloud Print devices. In the next window, click on Manage option to delete the unused printer listed under Google Cloud Print
- Once you can see only an active printer under Devices window, restart Chrome browser and see to it if that resolves the issue. If not, read on to the next step.
Delete Browsing History from Chrome and Reinstall the Browser
Note that uninstalling, deleting Google Chrome’s browsing history after that, and reinstalling it on Windows computers can allow users to print directly from the browser.
- On an active Chrome tab, press and hold down to the hotkeys Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys simultaneously.
- In the next dialog box, click on Clear Data after ensuring the three checkboxes have a tick next to it.
- Afterwards, uninstall Google Chrome. If you see a prompt to delete Local Browsing History while uninstalling it, click on Accept and proceed until you are done.
- Reboot Windows PC and reinstall Chrome.
If you come across printer problems in Windows, be it associated to printing via the cloud or through print spooler, get in touch with printer service professionals for an apt response.