Last Updated on May 12, 2022 by Carlo Dach
The HP Envy 4500 is a device that has been considered as a good printer. However, being a good printer does not mean that it won’t stop working at all and troubleshooting printer issues have never been easy. This article will help you in troubleshooting printer problems of HP 4500 quickly such that your work is not disrupted.
Table of Contents
Common Problems And Solutions Of HP 4500
The most common error that is seen with this printer is the “Compatibility Error” or “Ink Cartridge Error”. This error is mostly related to the cleaning of the cartridge and can easily be rectified with some simple steps. One can perform the following procedure to clear this fault:
- Remove printer power
- Remove the cartridge from the printer
- Clean tip of the cartridge gently with a soft lint-free cloth or filter paper.
- Install the cartridge back and power on the printer.
If the above procedure does not yield a result, the cartridge itself can be faulty. Faults in cartridges do happen all the time. This error can happen due to minor manufacturing defects related to the cartridge such as a misalignment of the tape with the metal contacts inside the cartridge itself.
Missing Cartridge Message
When there is no cartridge installed or not properly installed, a “missing cartridge” error appears. The remedy can be:
- Check if the printer is installed with the correct cartridge.
- If not, install the cartridge with the correct part number.
- Check the slots for the correct type of cartridge.
- The sitting of cartridge in the printer should be proper. If it is not fitted properly, the printer will flash the missing cartridge message.
Empty Cartridge Message
When a remanufactured ink cartridge is used, the printer will sometimes display an “empty cartridge” message. This may happen only for the first time because the gold contact chip would not have reset while refurbishing and refilling leading to the printer reading it as empty. Try these steps to correct this problem:
Troubleshooting Printer Issues
- Clean the contacts; reset the printer and reinsert the cartridge.
- Acknowledge the message “Empty Cartridge” by pressing “OK” on the printer’s display when it pops up.
No Black Ink and Spotty Prints
The HP Envy 4500 printer mostly has a problem with black ink. Poor print quality can sometimes be due to dried ink sticking at the cartridge printhead. Locate and clean the printhead on the cartridge by gently dabbing with a dry paper towel. After blotting a few times, hold the cartridge down on a paper towel to wick out the ink.