Computer printers have made our lives a lot easier. These devices have enabled us to print hundreds or thousands of documents a day without any delays. It is safe to say that millions of employees and employers from all over the globe are heavily dependent on computer printers.
Just like other electronic devices and machines, printers also require regular maintenance and proper care. Apparently, if you fail to take good care of your printer, then you might experience printer driver is unavailable error, wireless printer offline issue, and other common printer errors.
One of the most common errors reported by several computer users who use printers on a daily basis is Error 0x00000057. This is an annoying computer printer error because it prevents users from adding a printer to their PC. Error 0x00000057 usually happens due to the presence of corrupt drivers but many other reasons may also trigger this error. Below are a few simple troubleshooting steps that might help you to resolve the Error 0x00000057.
- Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and then select Control Panel from the list of options.
- Go to the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel window, and scroll down until you see the Add a Printer
- Choose Create a new Port and then select Local Port in the Type of port
- You will now have to enter the Network Path to the computer printer, \\ComputerName\SharedPrinterName.
- Select the printer from the list of options and then click on Replace the driver that is currently installed option.
A dialog box will now appear, which will ask you whether you wish to share the computer printer or not. If you wish to do so, then you will need to assign a name to the device. You can either choose the suggested name or given any name as you please.
If you are still experiencing Error 0x00000057 and if you are unable to add printers to your computer, it is best to seek the help of expert printer support technicians. These experts have dealt with a number of common printer issues including printer driver is unavailable and wireless printer offline errors, which means that they will be easily able to resolve the issue.